The Pro EMS Academy is an intensive initial EMT training program for people who want to begin a career as a full time field provider with Pro EMS. The class, books, and initial exam fees will be provided by Pro EMS.This EMT class is designed to prepare you to immediately move on to the next step as a full time Pro EMS field provider in our Field Training and Evaluation Program (FTEP). We are looking for the most motivated candidates who want to begin their career as a Pro EMS EMT.
The Pro EMS Academy is demanding and intensive. There will be access to hands on lab time and high fidelity patient simulation in the same facility as our paramedic training program.
The application process will be selective and enrollment limited. The application process is rolling and candidates can apply at any time. We will only accept participants who are prepared to meet the high standards we require for all Pro EMS field providers. Candidates will be required to submit a personal statement, be subject to a background check, participate in a panel interview, and be required to meet all occupational health and physical requirements for a Pro EMS field provider.
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Pro EMS Academy, please be sure that you are able to meet the requirements before submitting your application.
Pro EMS Academy is:
- For individuals who want to be trained as an EMT, and who want to begin working in the field at Pro EMS as a full-time EMS provider.
- Free and includes all books, uniforms, and initial exam fees.
- Highly selective.
- Taught by experienced instructors and includes high fidelity simulation.
- Comprehensive; students who successfully complete the Pro EMS Academy will:
- Be eligible for national (NREMT) and state EMT examinations.
- Be certified in Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS CPR), Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), and Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC).
- Be eligible for hire at Pro EMS pending successful certification as a Massachusetts EMT.
Pro EMS Academy will:
- Culminate with a State-run EMT psychomotor practical examination.
- Didactic portion of the class is online and self-paced.
- Be held at Pro EMS and Center for MEDICS (31 Smith Place, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138).
- Have a desire to work full-time as an EMT at Pro EMS in Cambridge. Job description available here.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Complete an application which includes a personal statement of interest.
- Provide an unattested driving record to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information on requesting this RMV Driving Record can be found at: https://secure.rmv.state.ma.us/DrvRecords/intro.aspx. If you are an out of state applicant, please search your state’s Registry or Department of Motor Vehicles site.
- Attend an interview.
Notification of program acceptance will be made no later than one week after interview.
Please learn more about Pro EMS at www.proems.com
Please learn more about Pro EMS Center for MEDICS at www.centerformedics.com