|Title:||Safety and Health|
|Section||Safety and Health|
|Modified||12/20/2008 12:57 AM|
PRO is committed to providing a safe and healthful working environment. PRO’s policy is aimed at minimizing the exposure of our employees, customers, and other visitors to our facilities to health or safety risks. To accomplish this objective, all PRO employees are expected to work diligently to maintain safe and healthful working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
The responsibilities of all employees of PRO in this regard include:
1. Exercising maximum care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries;
2. Reporting all injuries to supervisors and seeking first aid, regardless of how minor;
3. Reporting unsafe conditions, equipment, or practices to supervisory personnel;
4. Using safety equipment provided by PRO at all times;
5. Conscientiously observing all safety rules and regulations at all times;
6. Notifying supervisory staff, before the beginning of the workday, of any medication they are taking that may cause drowsiness or other side effects that could lead to injury to them and their coworkers;
7. Know the locations of all fire and safety exits;
8. Never use compressed air to clean clothing you are wearing;
9. Smoke only in areas designated as smoking areas;
10. Never attempt to catch falling objects;
11. Non-slip (Postal Approved) shoes must be worn at all times;
12. Make certain all emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers, alarms, and exit doors, is accessible at all times;
13. Horseplay and practical jokes are prohibited;
14. Maintain all equipment in good repair; and
15. Know and be familiar with all PRO Health and Safety Plans including, but not limited to, Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan, TB Control, Respiratory Protection Plan for TB, Hazard Communication, Workplace Violence Prevention, and Emergency Plan and Fire Safety.
B. Safety Committee
To ensure a safe and healthful working environment, PRO has established a safety committee comprised of supervisory staff, and field providers. The committee is responsible for fulfilling a variety of tasks such as reviewing workplace accidents and incidents and making recommendations to eliminate their recurrence; reviewing safety suggestions made by employees; recommending safety training programs; and assisting in facility audits to help identify unsafe workplace situations. Safety Committee meetings normally take place on a monthly basis.
If you have any suggestions, concerns, or questions regarding safety issues, please contact a supervisor.